We are the largest provider of further education in Stoke and North Staffordshire, with around 15,000 students each year on full-time and part-time study programmes, apprenticeships, professional qualifications and university-level courses.
We also help thousands of local people each year to gain the basic skills needed for work, be it English and maths, employability skills or specific work-related qualifications.
Our results place us above the national average, and our Ofsted rating of Good makes us one of the leading urban colleges in the UK.
Our students routinely win awards in regional and national competitions (see our awards and successes page) and the challenge helps to unleash their talent and prepare them for the competitive world of employment.
Transforming lives through learning by:
- Educating young people in life and work skills
- Retraining adults for new or improved careers
- Delivering outstanding teaching, learning and assessment
Meeting the skills needs of our local and sub-regional employers and community.
The College will be the first choice for:
- Technical and professional skills for our local communities
- Workforce development for regional employers/businesses
- Traineeships and Apprenticeships
Ensure opportunities for all: widen participation and access.
- Teaching, learning and assessment at the heart of everything we do; our most important pursuit.
- Commitment to excellence and continuous improvement: high standards and expectations of students, ourselves and colleagues; challenging, honest and rigorous self-evaluation; seeking and sharing best practice; developing solutions orientated attitudes.
- Respect and value individuals: treat everyone with respect, dignity and courtesy; recognise everyone is unique; celebrate diversity; strive to meet individual needs; prioritise learners and promote a united staff culture.
- Behave honestly and with integrity: adopt an ethical and transparent approach to working with all users and stakeholders.