unwaged but bursary may be available
Thorp Precast, Stoke and Stoke on Trent College
A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and Maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and you will undertake
• Work preparation training
• Employability skills - classroom based sessions
• Maths and English - help with numeracy and literacy (Functional Skills)
• Work Experience - On Site, Practical, Real Life experience with an employer
1-2-1 tutorials on the employer’s premises
This Traineeships Opportunity is unwaged.
Due to continued growth and investment we are looking strengthen our site production team and therefore seeking Precast Panel Production Operatives. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a stable and varied position with an opportunity to gain or enhance skills within building/ construction industry. The suitable candidate will be responsible for manufacturing and finishing a variety of panels.
Initial induction, on the job training and PPE will be provided.
• Produce high quality bespoke precast concrete components
• Assembly, placing bricks/ tiles in moulds, pointing/ grouting
• Finish components according to client specification
• Work of drawings and instructions
• Work well on your own and within a team
• Cooperate with the rest of the staff
• Follow all health and safety regulations