Why Stoke on Trent College for Foundation?
Our experienced team will help you to develop the skills you need to reach your learning goals, whether that’s to progress onto another course, a vocational programme or establish your employability and life skills.
Find out more about our Foundation courses
Students on our Foundation programmes come from a range of backgrounds with a number of different needs that we’ll support them with to ensure that they make the most of their time with us. Some of these include;
- At risk from social and educational exclusion
- Learners with SEND
- Those aged 19+ who need support with Education Health and Care plans
- Learners aged 14-16 with a referral from the local authority who are elective home educated
- Learners who have few or no qualifications
- Learners with an Education, Health and Care Plan
Our Foundation ESOL programme is taught at our Burslem campus, and our other Foundation provision is taught at our Cauldon campus. We offer a number of programmes to suit the individual needs of learners, including;
- Step into College where students progress onto another College course once they are ready
- Routes to Employment to develop independent living and work skills
- Routes to Progression that develops an understanding of different vocational courses
- Foundation ESOL to improve English skills and understanding of vocational pathways
- Supported Internship where learners are supported to develop employability skills by attending a work placement supported by a Job Coach
Foundation Facilities at Stoke on Trent College
Our Foundation programmes have access to the region’s finest technical training facilities, as learners gain practical skills in the College’s advanced workshops. This includes motor vehicle workshops, sports facilities, training kitchens, IT labs and hairdressing salons, as well as our dedicated Eco-House, used for teaching independent living skills.