Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2 Certificate
What is this course about?
This nationally accredited qualification is designed to provide individuals with an appreciation and understanding of a number of different mental health issues that may be encountered.
The programme covers a wide range of mental health conditions, what their indicating signs, triggers and symptoms may be, how it can affect an individual
How is it taught
As you work through the learning materials you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you support, advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete. Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded the NCFE/Ascentis Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness.
What could I do next?
Other related courses.
Have You Considered?
Medical and dental technicians
Medical and dental technicians operate, calibrate and maintain cardiographic and encephalographic testing equipment, assist in the conduct of post mortems, give simple dental treatments, fit artificial limbs and hearing aids, and undertake a wide range of related medical and dental tasks.
- Takes samples for clinical examination.
- Performs related medical tasks including treating hair and scalp disorders and conducting tests on glaucoma patients.
- Measures patients for, and fits them with, surgical appliances, hearing aids and artificial limbs.
- Makes dentures, crowns, bridges, orthodontic and other dental appliances according to individual patient requirements.
- Undertakes scaling and polishing of teeth, applies medicaments, carries out post-operative hygiene work and advises on preventative dentistry.
- Operates equipment to diagnose and record or treat hearing, heart, brain, lung and kidney ailments.
19 new openings per year
|Level 4-5 (Higher Education)||26.94%|
|Level 6 (Bachelors)||24.91%|
|Level 7 (Masters or equivalent)||6.31%|
|Level 8 (Doctorate)||0.7%|
Health associate professionals n.e.c.
Job holders in this unit group carry out a variety of technical and complementary support functions not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 321: Health Associate Professionals.
- Advises and prescribes in areas of complementary and alternative medicine.
- Inserts needles under the skin, administers aromatic herbs and oils and massages body to relieve pain and restore health.
- Manipulates and massages patient to discover the cause of pain, relieve discomfort, restore function and mobility and to correct irregularities in body structure.
- Diagnoses and treats disorders of vision and eye movements, monitors subsequent progress and recommends further optical, pharmacological or surgical treatment as required.
- Prescribes diet therapy and gives advice to patients, health care professionals and the public on dietetic and nutritional matters for those with special dietary requirements or to prevent illness.
12 new openings per year
|Level 4-5 (Higher Education)||23.29%|
|Level 6 (Bachelors)||31.06%|
|Level 7 (Masters or equivalent)||12.74%|
|Level 8 (Doctorate)||2.01%|