Cleaning Principles Level 2 Certificate
What is this course about?
These qualifications aim to:
Provide learners with a range of underpinning knowledge in both generic and specialist cleaning principles
Meet the needs of learners who work or want to work in the cleaning sector.
These qualifications can act as a knowledge-based certificate within the cleaning apprenticeship framework.
The objective of these qualifications is to help learners develop their knowledge and understanding of the skills required for working in the cleaning sector.
This qualification consists of 3 mandatory units:
Unit 01 Dealing with routine and non-routine waste
Unit 02 Health and safety for the cleaning and support services industry
Unit 03 Working with customers and others in the cleaning and support services industry
And 19 optional units
How is it taught
As you work through the learning materials you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you support, advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete. Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate.
What could I do next?
Other related courses.
Have You Considered?
Window cleaners wash and polish windows and other glass fittings.
- Washes and polishes glass with brushes, cloths, sponges, water and solvents.
- Selects appropriate cleaning or polishing implement.
- Secures ladders and other equipment to gain safe access to glass.
6 new openings per year
|Level 4-5 (Higher Education)||1.57%|
|Level 6 (Bachelors)||8.75%|
|Level 7 (Masters or equivalent)||0.7%|
Cleaners and domestics
Cleaners and domestics clean interiors of private houses, shops, hotels, schools, offices and other buildings.
- Empties ashtrays, waste bins and removes rubbish.
- Washes down walls and ceilings.
- Cleans toilets and bathrooms.
- Dusts and polishes furniture and fittings.
- Scrubs, washes, sweeps and polishes floors, corridors and stairs.
339 new openings per year
|Level 4-5 (Higher Education)||4.8%|
|Level 6 (Bachelors)||5.21%|
|Level 7 (Masters or equivalent)||0.2%|
Launderers, dry cleaners and pressers
Launderers, dry cleaners and pressers supervise and undertake the washing, dry cleaning, ironing and pressing of clothing, household and other linen, carpets, curtains and other articles.
- Performs a variety of laundering, dry cleaning and pressing tasks, including beating carpets and shaping starched collars, cuffs and hats.
- Allocates washing machines to customers, ensures correct use of equipment and gives change.
- Sets and operates drying machines and smoothes and shapes washed garments using hand iron or machine press.
- Loads articles into washing and dry cleaning machines or electrically operated drum cleaning machine, operates controls to admit cleaning fluids and starts machine.
- Removes difficult stains using chemicals or steam gun.
- Sorts articles by fabric, colour and type and determines appropriate cleaning process.
- Receives garment or item from customer for cleaning, checks pockets, buttons, zips, etc. and issues receipt.
19 new openings per year
|Level 4-5 (Higher Education)||6.35%|
|Level 6 (Bachelors)||6.77%|
Vehicle valeters and cleaners
Vehicle valeters and cleaners clean, wash and polish the interiors and exteriors of ships, aircraft, trains and road vehicles.
- Washes, cleans and polishes as appropriate the exterior surfaces of vehicles.
- Reports any damage or vandalism to the fabric of the vehicle interior.
- Empties waste bins and removes rubbish.
- Vacuums, brushes and washes vehicle upholstery and interior surfaces.
16 new openings per year
|Level 4-5 (Higher Education)||4.47%|
|Level 6 (Bachelors)||4.27%|
Elementary cleaning occupations n.e.c.
Workers in this unit group perform elementary cleansing service occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 923: Elementary Cleaning Occupations.
- Completes worksheets to note the date and time that amenities were last cleaned.
- Reports acts of vandalism and any defects in sanitary equipment.
- Replenishes supplies of soap, toilet paper and towels.
- Cleans toilets, washrooms, rest rooms and other similar amenities.
- Selects appropriate brush head, pushes it through flue or chimney and collects soot and other dislodged deposits from flue or chimney with brush or vacuum equipment.
3 new openings per year
|Level 4-5 (Higher Education)||5.01%|
|Level 7 (Masters or equivalent)||3.36%|