L3 Advanced Apprenticeship – Warehousing and Storage
How is it taught
On and off the job training within the Workplace
What else do I need to know?
Main intake is September, with options for mid year starts – January / April subject to numbers
Have You Considered?
Managers and directors in storage and warehousing
Managers and directors in storage and warehousing plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources necessary for the safe and efficient receipt, storage and warehousing of goods and for the maintenance of stocks at an optimal level.
- Decides on storage conditions for particular items, allocates warehouse space and arranges for regular stock inspections to detect deterioration or damage.
- Prepares reports on expenditure and advises on materials and parts standardisation, future stores and stock control policies.
- Advises purchasing department on type, quality and quantity of goods required and dates by which they must be available.
- Reviews, develops and implements stock control, handling and distribution policies to maximise use of space, money, labour and other resources.
- Liaises with production, maintenance, sales and other departments to determine the materials and other items required for current and future production schedules and sales commitments.
80 new openings per year
|Level 4-5 (Higher Education)||7.69%|
|Level 6 (Bachelors)||17.94%|
|Level 7 (Masters or equivalent)||5.17%|
Stock control clerks and assistants
Stock control clerks and assistants receive orders from customers, prepare requisitions or despatch documents for ordered goods, maintain and update records, files and other correspondence in relation to the storage and despatch of goods.
- Adjusts stock records as orders are received, reports on damaged stock and prepares requisitions to replenish damaged stock.
- Checks requisitions against stock records and forwards to issuing department.
- Prepares requisitions, consignments and other despatch documents.
- Receives enquiries and orders from customers, and quotes prices, discounts, delivery dates and other relevant information.
- Allocates appropriate storage space in accordance with stock control and space utilisation policies.
- Receives and checks in deliveries from suppliers or completed stock to be despatched to customers.
83 new openings per year
|Level 4-5 (Higher Education)||7.85%|
|Level 6 (Bachelors)||19.43%|
|Level 7 (Masters or equivalent)||2.87%|