Learning Support

Stoke on Trent College is working to create an environment that is welcoming and inclusive.

Last updated: 1 February, 2022

Our Learning Support team is on hand to provide initial advice and information for individuals who have an additional support need/disability, including support in applying for DSA (Disabled Students’ Allowance). Individuals wishing to study at the college are advised to disclose their disability early in the application process. For further information and advice about DSAs visit www.direct.gov.uk/dsas.

As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability, including a:

  • Long-term health condition
  • Mental health condition
  • Specific learning difficulty, eg dyslexia

You must meet the definition of disability under the Equality Act 2010.

The support you get depends on your individual needs and not on income. For further advice and/or you require support accessing this information, please contact the Learning Support team on:

Was this article helpful?

Need more help?

If there is an instance when our site does not meet the need of a specific disabled user group we will make changes to our current content, wherever appropriate, so that w e can become more inclusive to a wider audience. Please contact us if this is the case at info@stokecoll.ac.uk.

Logo | Connect with us