Outstanding college nursery provides children with the best First Steps
A Stoke-on-Trent nursery has received an outstanding rating for education watchdogs.
First Steps Nursery gained top marks (a Grade One rating) for each category inspected by Ofsted in early November.
The nursery is run by Stoke on Trent College and is based at the Cauldon Campus, Shelton.
It is open during academic term time as it is primarily used to care for children of the students and staff at the college and the wider community.
The Ofsted report states:
- Outcomes for children are excellent
- First Steps is exceptionally well organised and managed
- All staff take a personal interest in the success of the nursery and are encouraged at all times to develop their skills by their managers
- All policies and procedures are of a “superior” standard and are fully implemented
- Child protection procedures are fully understood and children’s safety is excellently promoted
- All areas open to children are excellently maintained, toys are in excellent condition and the building is extremely secure
- Superb relationshis are fostered with parents
Karen Whitmarsh, Manager at First Steps, said: “It is a fantastic report. We received an overall Grade Two rating last time, so to get Grade One in every aspect is extremely pleasing.
“Everyone has worked hard. We have very good team leaders and have a fabulous relationship with our staff.
“All staff are fully trained and we encourage them to develop their skills at all times. Being part of the college is a great help as staff can tap into on-going training on all aspects of their work.
“We also benefit from having very supportive parents. The majority are students but we also offer places for people in the local community.”
To see the Ofsted Report log on to – http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/CARE/511369