Gateway to Pharmacy Careers Pre-Apprenticeship Programme
Aged 16 to 24?
Looking for a career in Pharmacy?
Whatever your background we can help you kickstart a career in an Pharmacy Services role!
Lloyds Pharmacy and local independent Pharmacies , in partnership with Stoke on Trent College, are recruiting now for the Gateway to Pharmacy Careers Pre-Apprenticeship programme.
Gain hands-on experience working in a pharmacy environment, plus classroom based sessions intended to enhance your employability skills, build on your literacy and numeracy skills and boost your confidence, with excellent opportunities to progress.
Gateway to Pharmacy Careers Pre-Apprenticeship programme
7 week programme…giving you a chance to make sure a career in Pharmacy is right for you!
- 7 week programme
- £30 per week payment*
- FREE bus pass*
- Work preparation training
- Valuable work experience
- Guaranteed interview for Apprenticeship
If you would benefit from additional training and support before starting on an Apprenticeship this may be the option for you.
What does the programme involve?
The programme covers 3 key areas – work preparation, Maths, English and work experience for 3 days a week at college over 6 weeks. Two days will be spent in college. The first week will be spent in college for 5 days
Where will I be working?
One of Lloyds Pharmacy branches or at a local independent Pharmacy –– including Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, Congleton and Macclesfield.
Is the programme right for me?
This programme is suitable for anyone, providing you:
- Are not currently in a job or employed for more than 16 hours per week
- Have limited work experience
- Are aged 16-24
- Do not have a full Level 3 qualification e.g. A Levels, BTEC Level 3
What does it cost?
It does not cost anything – we will pay you £30 per week* and provide a FREE bus pass* for the duration of the programme. The £30 per week is for six weeks of the course, assisting towards the cost of attending the work placement.
Trainee Pharmacy Assistants work as part of a pharmacy team under the direction of a Pharmacist. Work in this role may include:
- Handling a variety of orders and stock situations – including receiving and unpacking deliveries
- Daily contributions to the overall effectiveness of the pharmacy team
- Assisting with the provision of a pharmacy service that meets individual patient needs
- Handling both face to face and telephone customer enquiries
- Use of the in-house computer system
- Assisting in the sale of medicines and other pharmacy products
- Dealing with a variety of prescriptions under the supervision of the pharmacist
- Ensuring that the pharmacies extensive Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times
Please apply by Wednesday 23rd August 2017.
Programme starts Monday 4th September 2017.
For more information:
Tel: 01782 603636
*Subject to criteria and attendance.