The Institute of Sports Performance is available to every student in the college, not just sports students, and is based within the fantastic sports facilities at the college which includes:
- Sports Therapy Rooming
- Sports Science Laboratory
- Fitness Suite with resistance, free weight and strength and conditioning areas
- Full size sports hall x 2
- Dedicated sports teaching facilities
The new Institute of Sports Performance is a core part of the college’s new commitment to being one of the top sports institutions within the region, and will be working very closely with partners such as Staffordshire Universities TEAM:STAFFS Elite programme, and the European City of Sport Team, alongside key commercial partners My Protein and Under Armour.
The Institute of Sports Performance has been established to ensure that all students have the opportunity to be a success in their sport, whether it is competing, volunteering, coaching or just trying to keep fit and active.
There will be a wide variety of programmes offered which are aimed at the following areas:
- Supporting elite college athletes
- Sports Academies and competitive inter-college sport.
- A coach and short course education programme
- Intra-mural sport and physical activity within the college. New opportunities will be continually developed and many are run in conjunction with local and national partners
If you want to continue to compete within an elite environment, need high level advice and support or just want to play sport and get fit and active, Stoke on Trent College’s new Institute of Sports Performance is the place for you.