What is TASS?
TASS is a Sport England funded partnership between talented athletes, education institutions and national governing bodies of sport. We work together to bring the best from their sporting and academic careers without having to choose between the two.
We support more than 600 athletes in 32 Sport England sports. These promising athletes are all eligible to represent England and have been identified as performing at the top of the Sport England Talent Pathway.
As an Accredited Centre, we are dedicated to retaining and encouraging dual-career student-athletes.
We offer the following support:
- Flexible timetable
- Free access to the fitness suite and gym
- University workshops in partnership with Staffordshire University
- College workshops on topics such as: Nutrition, Sports Psychology, Sports Physiology and Injury Prevention
- Free access to all the facilities within the Sir Stanley Matthews Sports Centre (Off peak hours) – in partnership with Staffordshire University
- Strength and Conditioning Coaching based at Staffordshire University
Josh Marsden is part of the TASS programme and competes in Cycling at National Level!
Josh combines his Sports, Coaching and Development studies alongside his incredibly demanding Cycling schedule.
As an Accredited Centre, we are dedicated to retaining and encouraging dual-career student-athletes and we offer a wealth of support to propel them to stardom!
Josh has recently been nominated by Staffordshire University to join their new Coaching Academy. This fantastic opportunity will allow Josh to work with Year 6’s at the university to have an in-depth look into the science of coaching. It highlights what TASS is all about as it allows Josh to gain more advanced educational experience alongside his intensive cycling training.
Eligibility for TASS:
Are you playing or representing your Country or Region? If so you qualify for applying for the TASS programme!
If you would like any more information or would like to apply before you join the college then contact Neil Hewitt to discuss your application.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01782 208208.