Free Courses for Unemployed Adults – courses starting soon!
Find out more about our Skills for Employment courses
Get the advice, help and support you need to get back into work!
- Job related training and advice for adults seeking work in North Staffordshire.
- We are a specialist college team dedicated to helping people to get the job they want.
- We are based at Stoke on Trent College, Cauldon Campus where we have a team of advisers and training facilities especially for adults who are looking for work or to improve their skills.
- We link with local Job Centre Plus to run Sector Based Work Academies that provide sector specific training, placement and guaranteed interviews with local employers
- Stoke on Trent College has links to major employers and a wide range of job-related training.
The job that suits you
We’re here to help you find the job that suits you. You don’t need to have experience or qualifications, nor do you need to know precisely what you want to do. If you know which direction to take then we’ll help you get there…but if you’re uncertain our advisers will help you to decide and advise you of the local employment options and opportunities.
We have been helping adults into work for over 15 years, and our advisers are experienced in providing our clients with the right skills and opportunities to progress them into work or further education.
We offer courses in many work-related areas including:
- Introduction to IT. For more information click here.
- Literacy & Maths. For more information click here.
- Adult Social Care. For more information click here.
- Business Administration. For more information click here.
- New Leaf – support to return to work after bringing up your family. For more information click here
- Digital Skills. For more information click here.
- C.V. Skills Workshop. For more information click here.
For more information on the range of courses available please take a look at our Skills Catalogue
Read about Majda’s journey with us
This has been a long journey for Majda. She moved back to the UK in September 2021 and made a claim to Universal credit. She has been through several courses prior to Stoke on Trent College, but it was only after she enrolled at the college for ESOL that she began to move positively forward. At times it has been a difficult journey for her, she has had health issues but she has always wanted to work, and felt that she needed to gain some qualifications so she could get a job where she could still spend time with her children, but be well paid enough to provide for them.
She made friends on the ESOL course and her co-ordinator Steve and the college have moved her through various training over the last year and she was accepted onto the Learning Support SWAP that ran just before Christmas.
How to find us
For more information on how to contact us: