Free Courses for Unemployed Adults
Find out more about our Skills for Employment courses
Get the advice, help and support you need to get back into work!
- Job related training and advice for adults seeking work in North Staffordshire.
- We are a specialist college team dedicated to helping people to get the job they want.
- We are based at Stoke on Trent College, Cauldon Campus where we have a team of advisers and training facilities especially for adults who are looking for work or to improve their skills.
- We link with local Job Centre Plus to run Sector Based Work Academies that provide sector specific training, placement and guaranteed interviews with local employers
- Stoke on Trent College has links to major employers and a wide range of job-related training.
The job that suits you
We’re here to help you find the job that suits you. You don’t need to have experience or qualifications, nor do you need to know precisely what you want to do. If you know which direction to take then we’ll help you get there…but if you’re uncertain our advisers will help you to decide and advise you of the local employment options and opportunities.
We have been helping adults into work for over 15 years, and our advisers are experienced in providing our clients with the right skills and opportunities to progress them into work or further education.
We offer courses in many work-related areas including:
- Introduction to IT. For more information click here.
- Literacy & Maths
- Adult Social Care. For more information click here.
- Business Administration. For more information click here.
- New Leaf – support to return to work after bringing up your family. For more information click here
- Digital Skills. For more information click here.
For more information on the range of courses available please take a look at our Skills Catalogue
2020 has been a tough year for many with Covid-19. Before Covid I was happily working a 37.5 hour job in a restaurant serving lots of people, cooking food and prepping. Fast forward to March 31st 2020 lockdown and furlough for me. Out of the window flew my routine and although the first 4 weeks of furlough felt like a lovely long holiday at home with my family, it quickly changed to longing to be out of the house and back into a routine.
Then in July I was officially made redundant from my job. I was heartbroken, I felt somehow ashamed knowing that I would have to sign on to benefits when I didn’t want to. I signed up to UC (universal credit) and my work coach was fantastic, she made me feel good about myself and my skills and offered me a place at Stoke on Trent College to do a course that would help with public service roles. I attended the first morning feeling lost and anxious, it had been many years since my last time at school or college. However I attended and I enjoyed it and as the week went by I came out of my shell more and thoroughly enjoyed the course. It was a great refresher for the skills I had and skills I had forgotten I had.
The lecturer was fantastic as were the rest of the team full of empathy for us all in the current world, patient but most of all had a knack for being able to see positives everywhere and lift us up.
After several weeks of job applications and waiting to hear about the position, I received a phone call offering me a position as a Work Coach!
I have to thank the team at Stoke on Trent College, without them and their continued support I’d have little to no motivation, and nearly zero confidence. I wouldn’t be in this job role, feeling proud and holding my first payslip!
How to find us
For more information on how to contact us: